The new era of provider relations enablement
Highlights from our 2021 Provider Relations Summit
November 17, 2021
We’re at a key tipping point for plan-provider relations. Providers—and physicians, in particular—have more partners than ever vying for their attention, while health plan teams are pursuing more ambitious initiatives where provider support is essential. In this evolving environment, how can health plans make themselves both a valuable partner to providers and achieve desired results?
Read on to learn the key takeaways from Advisory Board’s 2021 Provider Relations Summit.
- New players in physician market disrupt payer-provider relations
- Health plans continue to make progress with data sharing, but standardization and integration attempts remain challenging
- Mismanaged internal dynamics at the health plan can negatively impact provider relations
- Peer-to-peer breakout groups show similarities between health plan priorities, divergence in their methodologies
- Health equity the next frontier for plan-provider relationship, but success will only be possible with a robust, standardized data infrastructure and process