About the 'Consumer Loyalty Award'
For the Consumer Loyalty Awards, NRC Health recognized the top 100 health care facilities, which include the top 10 Best-In-Class winners, that are striving "to cultivate and maintain long-lasting loyalty among their patient populations."
The award winners "are celebrated for achieving an extraordinarily high score on NRC Health's Loyalty Index, a composite of seven different critical aspects of consumer loyalty," according to NRC Health.
To determine the award winners, NRC Health looked at organizations that received at least 150 Top of Mind mentions on its Market Insights survey between April 1, 2021, and March 31, 2022. Each year, Market Insights, which is the largest online health care consumer-perception survey in the United States, measures the opinions, behaviors, and profiles of more than 300,000 consumers.
The top 10 "Best in Class" Consumer Loyalty Award winners for 2022—in alphabetical order—are:
- California Hospital Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Christ Hospital* (Cincinnati, OH)
- Hospital of The University of Pennsylvania* (Philadelphia, PA)
- Mayo Clinic Hospital Florida* (Jacksonville, FL)
- Mayo Clinic Hospital Rochester* (Rochester, MN)
- Morristown Medical Center (Morristown, NJ)
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital (New York, NY)
- Pennsylvania Hospital* (Philadelphia, PA)
- University Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (Iowa City, IA)
- University of Utah Hospital* (Salt Lake City, UT)
* Denotes an Advisory Board member
"Hospitals and health systems have experienced enormous strain these last two years, from competing against an increasing number of virtual care services to widespread staffing shortages and more," said Helen Hrdy, chief growth officer at NRC Health. "Healthcare organizations have their work cut out for them as the industry continues to evolve post-pandemic, which makes the progress these winning institutions have made in not only building–but sustaining–consumer loyalty all the more commendable. Our hats off to the winners and keep up the great work."
Click here to see the full list of the top 100 honorees.
About the 'Excellence in Patient Experience Award'
For the Excellence in Patient Experience Awards, which was previously known as the Excellence Awards, NRC Health recognized honorees across eight categories "for their efforts to consistently deliver outstanding patient experiences across the care continuum."
To determine the award winners, NRC Health looked at real-time Net Promoter Scores to see which organizations patients would be most likely to recommend to other members of their community. NRC Health selected one award winner for each category.
The 2022 award winners for each category are:
- Small health system: Hawai'i Pacific Health* (Honolulu, HI)
- Medium health system: Lehigh Valley Health Network* (Allentown, PA)
- Large health system: Mercy Health* (Cincinnati, OH)
- Small hospital: Wabash General Hospital (Mount Carmel, IL)
- Medium hospital: Community Hospital of the Monterey (Monterey, CA)
- Large hospital: Northwest Community Healthcare* (Evanston, IL)
- Pediatric: Scottish Rite for Children (Dallas, TX)
- Medical group: Tyron Medical Partners (Charlotte, NC)
*Denotes an Advisory Board member
"In an ever evolving and often challenging industry, we welcome the opportunity to honor those organizations that exemplify excellence in patient experience and fully embody our mission of bringing Human Understanding into healthcare," Hrdy said. "The eight winning healthcare organizations continue to go above and beyond for their patients, and we're proud to recognize their continued efforts to ensure quality, equitable access to care for everyone." (Blackman, HealthLeaders, 8/18; NRC Health news release, 8/16; NRC Health's "2022 Consumer Loyalty Award," accessed 8/22; NRC Health's "Excellence in Patient Experience Award," accessed 8/22)