LinkedIn on Wednesday released its list of the "Top Companies in Health Care," recognizing the 25 best companies to grow a career in the industry.
On Wednesday, LinkedIn released its first industry-specific edition of the "Top Companies" in the United States. According to LinkedIn, the "Top Companies: Industry Edition" was designed to "provide a go-to resource for professionals at every stage of their career journeys—just at a more personalized level."
For the list, LinkedIn used its own data—gathered between May 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022—to rank companies on seven "pillars" associated with career progression, including:
According to LinkedIn, companies eligible for consideration must have had at least 500 U.S. employees as of April 30, 2022, and reductions in staff—including attrition and layoffs— during the methodology time period could total no more than 10%, based on LinkedIn data or public disclosures. LinkedIn considered only parent companies on the list.
In addition, LinkedIn excluded from consideration all staffing and recruiting firms, educational organizations, and government agencies.
According to LinkedIn, the top 25 companies in health care "that are investing in their talent and helping set people up for long-term success" are:
1. Kaiser Permanente (Oakland, CA)
2. Arthrex (Naples, FL)
3. Parexel (Waltham, MA)
4. athenahealth (Watertown, MA)
5. Teladoc Health (Purchase, NY)
6. Walgreens Boots Alliance (Deerfield, IL)
7. MicroVention (Aliso Viejo, CA)
8. The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine (Baltimore, MD)
9. CVS Health (Woonsocket, Rhode Island)
10. City of Hope (Duarte, CA)
11. ZEISS Medical Technology (Dublin, CA)
12. Hologic (Marlborough, MA)
13. Allscripts (Chicago, IL)
14. UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN)
15. Galderma (Fort Worth, TX)
16. Avanos Medical (Alpharetta, GA)
17. Curology (San Francisco, CA)
18. UChicago Medicine (Chicago, IL)
19. Varian (Palo Alto, CA)
20. University of Maryland Medical Center (Baltimore, MD)
21. Janssen Pharmaceuticals (Raritan, NJ)
22. Nevro (Redwood City, CA)
23. Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN)
24. Pfizer (New York, NY)
25. Elanco (Clinton, IN)
Advisory Board is a subsidiary of Optum, a division of UnitedHealth Group. All Advisory Board research, expert perspectives, and recommendations remain independent.
Create your free account to access 2 resources each month, including the latest research and webinars.
You have 2 free members-only resources remaining this month remaining this month.
Never miss out on the latest innovative health care content tailored to you.