Advisory Board takes the safety and wellbeing of our members seriously as we welcome them back to in-person meetings and events around the country. Following CDC, WHO, and local government and venue guidelines, we are committed to bringing you a safe and meaningful meeting experience. We are sharing our current safety guidelines below and will continue to monitor the best ways to create a safe start to our events. We look forward to hosting you soon!
What is Advisory Board doing to keep attendees safe?
We are committed to:
- Following room capacity limits to ensure we follow standards for social distancing in session areas.
- Using directional signage to manage the flow of traffic in congested areas.
- Ensuring that all event staff are fully vaccinated and committed to wearing masks.
- Providing food and beverage options that are safely packaged or distributed for minimal contact.
- Ensuring that meeting spaces and meal rooms will be routinely cleaned. High touch areas will have increased cleaning.
- Limiting the amount of physical materials and in-person contact at the registration desk.
What should I expect if I plan to attend an in-person meeting?
We need everyone’s partnership to do our part in keeping our community safe. If you join us for one of our in-person events, please plan to:
- Get fully vaccinated or have a negative COVID-19 test result prior to attending the event.
- Adhere to masking in accordance with local regulations. If not fully vaccinated, wear a mask at all times when you are not eating or drinking.
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization (WHO), CDC or your local health authority.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by the event organizers and respect others’ personal space.
- Immediately notify event staff at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be travelling to and the region you are travelling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
Are there capacity restrictions in place at the meeting venue?
We have limited the capacity in our meeting spaces to allow for appropriate social distancing and comfortable gathering.
What should I bring with me to a meeting?
Please be prepared to bring your laptop or tablet with you to the meeting as we will have virtual resources and evaluations for you to use while attending. We also encourage you to bring a mask, hand sanitizer, and your own personal pens and paper. For safety, we will limit the amount of shared supplies at our meetings.
Do I have to wear a mask?
We require all attendees to adhere to masking in accordance with local regulations. If not vaccinated, attendees must wear a mask at all times when not eating or drinking. Our event staff will be fully vaccinated and will wear masks at all times.
Will food and beverage be provided?
Food and beverage options will depend on the specific meeting you are attending. We will share the meeting agenda with you prior to the event dates along with details on meals provided. At any meeting, our goal will always be to provide food and beverage in the safest manner possible.
Will there be printed materials and resources?
For safety, we will limit printed materials and shared supplies at our meetings. We encourage you to bring your devices in order to take full advantage of virtual resources, meeting materials, evaluations and polls.