Fortune and Great Place to Work on Wednesday released their annual list of the "Best Places to Work in Health Care," recognizing 13 Advisory Board members.
For the list, Great Place to Work analyzed survey responses from more than 161,000 employees. To be eligible for the large workplaces list, companies were required to be Great Place to Work-certified, in the health care industry, and have at least 1,000 employees.
They created a combined score based on survey data and company-provided datapoints to rank the companies that provide the most positive experience for their employees. Companies that appear on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking top the list.
Fortune and Great Place to Work also created a list of the best small and medium health care organizations. For this list, companies required companies to be Great Place to Work-certified, in the health care industry, and have 10 to 999 employees. Notably, no hospitals or health systems were recognized in the small and medium category.
The best places to work in health care
According to Fortune and Great Place to Work, the top 30 "Best Places to Work in Health Care" for large workplaces are:
1. Texas Health Resources* (Arlington, TX)
2. Elevance Health (Indianapolis, IN)
3. Southern Ohio Medical Center* (Portsmouth, OH)
4. Blue Shield of California (Oakland, CA)
5. Northwell Health* (New Hyde Park, NY)
6. Baptist Health South Florida* (Coral Gables, FL)
7. Ohio Health* (Columbus, OH)
8. Scripps Health* (San Diego, CA)
9. WellStar Health System* (Marietta, GA)
10. Atlantic Health System (Morristown, NJ)
11. Shields Health Solutions* (Stoughton, MA)
12. Aya Healthcare (San Diego, CA)
13. White Glove Placement (Brooklyn, NY)
14. Jackson Healthcare* (Alpharetta, GA)
15. IEHP* (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
16. ChenMed (Miami, FL)
17. Agilent Technologies (Santa Clara, CA)
18. Desert Oasis Healthcare (Palm Springs, CA)
19. Teladoc Health* (Purchase, NY)
20. Paradigm Corp (Walnut Creek, CA)
21. BayCare Health System (Clearwater, FL)
22. AmerisourceBergen* (Conshohocken, PA)
23. Enhabit Home Health & Hospice (Dallas, TX)
24. Premise Health (Brentwood, TN)
25. Benco Dental Supply (Pittston, PA)
26. FinThrive (Alpharetta, GA)
27. Centene (St. Louis, MO)
28. AbleTo (New York, NY)
29. Abbott Laboratories* (Abbott Park, IL)
30. Q-Centrix (Chicago, IL)
*Denotes Advisory Board member
To see the full list of the best small and medium health care organizations to work for, click here.