The Philanthropy Performance Benchmark Generator is an interactive tool for health care development leaders to assess performance relative to peer organizations and the industry writ large.
The 2021 Benchmarking Survey is now open for FY2020 data submissions. It includes new questions on first time donors and Covid-19 relief funds. We are accepting benchmarking submissions through April 30th.
- If you submitted FY2019 benchmarking data in 2020, please select this link
- If you did not submit FY2019 benchmarking data in 2020, please select this link
If you’re unsure if your organization participated last year, click here to view.
Participants in the 2021 Benchmarking Survey will be able to view their data in the benchmark generator and create “apples to apples” comparisons of their performance against a custom cohort of peers. The tool features multiple data views including single-year performance, three-year trended performance, and three-year performance averages.
- Production: Total dollars raised, average gift size, total value of five largest gifts
- Efficiency: Return on investment, cost-to-raise-a-dollar
- Staffing: FTE levels by role type, ratio of frontline to non-frontline FTEs, funds raised per FTE
- Impact: Philanthropy impact on hospital net margin, total philanthropic spending