Day 1: Capturing Today’s Opportunities
Guest Arrival and Registration
Light lunch provided
State of the Union—Revolution or Reformation?
Redefining traditional roles amid a radically restructuring market
- Decoding the Medicare for All debate: How do we differentiate between policy and politics leading up to the 2020 elections—and what is driving the renewed focus on major health reform?
- Physician partnerships in flux: Are we on the brink of a major shake-up in the physician landscape as new practice options test the durability of established hospital-physician relationships?
- New era of innovation: Which technological innovations have the potential to enable true clinical economies of scale?
Wait Time Zero
Winning ambulatory growth with superior access
- Modernizing network strategy: Overcome the internal barriers, leadership disconnects, and counterproductive incentives that inhibit growth
- Maximizing consumer access: Improve accessibility, availability, and convenience to successfully attract ambulatory volumes
- Securing preference despite new competition: Differentiate your organization with a clear and compelling value proposition in an increasingly crowded market
Day 1 Adjournment
Day 2: Building Tomorrow’s Capabilities
The Future of Primary Care
How segmentation, technology, and competition are reshaping the front door of the delivery system
- Exploring the segmentation of primary care: Navigate the tension between specialization and scale in the new primary care landscape
- Redesigning the care team: Reconfigure roles and responsibilities to expand capacity, improve outcomes, and reduce burnout
- Unlocking the promise of technology: Assess how artificial intelligence, digital health, and other innovations could transform primary care
The New Mandate for Social Determinants of Health
Defining providers’ role in advancing health equity
- Clarifying the ambition: Scope what objectives providers should strive to achieve—and in what time frames
- Defining providers’ role: Examine the different ways hospitals and health systems can inflect the non-clinical factors that influence health outcomes
- Learning from exemplars: Distill the keys to success—and pitfalls to avoid—from the experiences of leaders addressing social determinants of health today
Unlocking Innovation at Scale
Three essentials to dispel the hype and realize the potential
- Crystallizing innovation strategy: Connect diverse innovation goals into a coherent, practical strategy that supports organizations’ overarching mission
- Establishing the innovation platform: Deploy the investment, experimentation, and operationalization capabilities needed to identify, incubate, and scale initiatives
- Driving innovation across the enterprise: Infuse the highest-impact innovations across complex delivery systems to realize innovations’ promises of higher quality, greater efficiency, and other forms of ROI
Day 2 Adjournment