More and more, members are asking themselves a fundamental question: can this organization thrive as a stand-alone organization in the future? Recognizing the unique dynamic this is creating for member executives, the Health Care Advisory Board is offering an expanded portfolio of resources to tackle this question.
- A deep library of research, case examples, and tools
- Live support from our expert research team
- Special initiatives, benchmarks, and facilitated peer-to-peer networking opportunities
How to Participate
Participation in the project is open to all members of the Health Care Advisory Board at no additional cost.
In addition to initial resources, we will host a series of roundtable sessions for community hospital executives. These sessions will feature facilitated discussion and member networking. We will work with participating executives to refine the agendas for these sessions, but we begin with these strategic questions:
- What distinctive value do we present to the market as a community hospital?
- Can we achieve a cost advantage in our market without the scale benefits of a larger system?
- How can we differentiate ourselves as the partner of choice for physicians in our community?
- What partnership or affiliation strategies make sense to fill help achieve our strategic ends?
- What factors should weigh heaviest when considering potential M&A partners?
This dynamic modeling tool creates customized forecasts for future volumes, operating margin, payer mix, and case mix. These results present a baseline scenario for your organization’s operating performance across the next 5- and 10-year horizon.
Advisory Board staff facilitate executive working sessions to ensure a detailed understanding of emerging operating challenges; prioritize opportunities for revenue growth, cost reductions and care transformation; and isolate any significant gaps between organizational imperatives and organizational capabilities.
Identify proven means for working with external partners to achieve specific, narrowly defined ends. The Diagnostic includes our research on models that work as well as our guidance on proper due diligence.
For More Information
To reach the Community Hospital Initative team, please work with your relationship manager to set a time for a phone conference, or contact us.