Four hospital and health system CEOs made Glassdoor's annual Employees' Choice Awards list, which recognizes CEOs who have received the highest employee ratings on the career website.
Glassdoor compiled the ratings list, released Tuesday, based on voluntary, anonymous feedback that site users provide when they review their organization on Glassdoor. The review form asks for "insights into job and workplace attributes, along with qualitative feedback into the best reasons to work at their employer and what needs improvement." The latest list covers reviews submitted between early May 2020 and early May 2021.
Glassdoor released one list for large employers (those with 1,000 or more employees) and another for medium and small employers (those with fewer than 1,000 employees).
The large employers list included CEOs at four hospital and health systems. Those CEOs are:
- Peter Pisters, MD Anderson Cancer Center (No. 3);
- Michael Dowling, Northwell Health (No. 22);
- Steven Corwin, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (No. 59); and
- Marc Boom, Houston Methodist (No. 60).
The list also included CEOs of several other health care and health care-adjacent organizations, including:
Radio Advisory episode: Your organization likely doesn't have enough women leaders—here's how to fix that
- Satya Nadella, Microsoft (No. 6);
- Horacio Rozanski, Booz Allen Hamilton (No. 10);
- Marc Benioff, Salesforce (No. 15);
- Pat Gelsinger, Intel Corporation (No. 16);
- Vas Narasimhan, Novartis (No. 23);
- Jim Kavanaugh, World Wide Technology (No. 24);
- Michael Mahoney, Boston Scientific (No. 25);
- Alex Gorsky, Johnson & Johnson (No. 29);
- Tim Cook, Apple (No. 32);
- Christophe Weber, Takeda Pharmaceuticals (No. 35);
- Zander Lurie, Momentive (No. 40);
- Kenneth Frazier, Merck (No. 42);
- Jon Kessler, HealthEquity Inc. (No. 45);
- Paul Markovich, Blue Shield of California (No. 49);
- Kevin Lobo, Stryker (No. 54);
- Tim Pierce, Morrison Healthcare (No. 56);
- Tom Polen, BD (No. 58);
- Gary Guthart, Intuitive (No. 64);
- Pascal Soriot, AstraZeneca (No. 77);
- Dan Burton, Health Catalyst (No. 79); and
- Sundar Pichai, Google (No. 90).
Several CEOs of health care organizations also made the small and medium employer list:
- Philippe d’Offay, pMD (No. 27);
- Sulman Ahmed, Deca Dental Group (No. 28);
- Geoff Gross, Medical Guardian (No. 29);
- Jason Gorevic, Teladoc Health (No. 40);
- Owen Tripp, Grand Rounds Health (No. 49); and
- Adam Francis, Host Healthcare (No. 50).