Editors note: This story has been updated.
Modern Healthcare has released its ranked list of the "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for 2018, which includes hospitals, suppliers, and payers. Fifty-two are Advisory Board member organizations.
We congratulate the member organizations recognized in Modern Healthcare's list for providers and insurers:
3. Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital (San Antonio);'
6. Woman's Hospital (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
7. Sutter Amador Hospital (Jackson, California);
8. Southern Tennessee Regional Health System-Pulaski (Pulaski, Tennessee);
9. Shriners Hospitals for Children-Erie (Erie, Pennsylvania);
10. Black River Memorial Hospital (Black River Falls, Wisconsin);
11. Memorial Healthcare System (Hollywood, Florida);
13. South Baldwin Regional Medical Center (Foley, Alabama);
17. Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital (Tulsa, Oklahoma);
19. JPS Health Network (Fort Worth, Texas);
20. Parkview Wabash Hospital (Wabash, Indiana);
22. Parkview Huntington Hospital (Huntington, Indiana);
23. Atlantic Health System (Morristown, New Jersey);
24. Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance (Torrance, California);
25. Texas Orthopedic Hospital (Houston);
26. Parkview Noble Hospital (Kendallville, Indiana);
29. Deaconess - The Women's Hospital (Newburgh, Indiana);
30. Lovelace Medical Center (Albuquerque, New Mexico);
31. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital (San Antonio);
33. Parkview Whitley Hospital (Columbia City, Indiana);
34. CareSource (Dayton, Ohio);
36. Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice (Dallas);
37. Hills & Dales General Hospital (Cass City, Michigan);
40. Lafayette General Medical Doctors (Lafayette, Louisiana);
41. Texas Institute for Surgery (Dallas);
45. Nathan Adelson Hospice (Las Vegas);
44. Methodist Texsan Hospital (San Antonio);
47. Parkview LaGrange Hospital (LaGrange, Indiana);
49. Bluegrass Care Navigators (Lexington, Kentucky);
50. Parkview Ortho Hospital (Fort Wayne, Indiana);
51. West Valley Medical Center (Caldwell, Idaho); and
54. Lee's Summit Medical Center (Lee's Summit, Missouri);
55. Advocate BroMenn Medical Center (Normal, Illinois);
56. University Hospital and Clinics (Lafayette, Louisiana);
57. Hoag Orthopedic Institute (Irvine, California);
58. Sutter Davis Hospital (Davis, California);
61. Metropolitan Methodist Hospital (San Antonio);
62. Orthopaedic Hospital of Wisconsin (Glendale, Wisconsin);
64. Methodist Healthcare System Office (San Antonio);
65. Loma Linda University Surgical Hospital (Redlands, California);
69. Self Regional Healthcare (Greenwood, South Carolina);
71. Lexington Regional Health Center (Lexington, Nebraska);
72. King's Daughters Medical Center (Brookhaven, Mississippi);
74. Christus Shreveport-Bossier Health System (Shreveport, Louisiana);
75. Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital (Albuquerque, New Mexico);
We congratulate the member organizations recognized in Modern Healthcare's list for suppliers:
18. Lafayette General Surgical Hospital (Lafayette, Louisiana);
20. American College of Cardiology (Washington, D.C.);
39. CQuence Health Group (Omaha, Nebraska);
43. Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City);
50. Computer Task Group (CTG) (Buffalo, New York);
61. HeartCare Imaging (Tequesta, Florida);
62. MPRO (Farmington Hills, Michigan);
67. FreemanWhite, a Haskell Co. (Charlotte, North Carolina) (Best Places to Work 2018 gallery, Modern Healthcare, accessed 9/28).
Want to become a "Best Place to Work"?
To determine their "Best Places to Work" list, Modern Healthcare collects information from each applicant's leadership team about the company's policies, practices, demographics, and benefits. The publication then surveys the company's staff about eight core areas.
See below for the Advisory Board's latest research on four of these eight core areas.
- Corporate culture | Upcoming webconference series: Build a differentiated culture
- Leadership and planning | Report: Learn 8 key insights to ensure seamless leadership transitions
- Overall engagement | Report: The manager's guide to engaging staff
- Relationship with supervisor| Infographic: 7 must-have conversations between managers and employees
Then, download our cheat sheet for a summary on the methodology and metrics used to calculate Modern Healthcare's list.