With so many health care providers, thought leaders, journalists, and policymakers active on Twitter, it's easy to miss tweets that are informative, provocative, or entertaining. Here are 10 health care tweets that caught our eyes this week (in no particular order).
1) Ryan McDevitt, associate professor of economics at Duke University, shares an article on private equity's growing influence in the health care industry.
— Ryan McDevitt (@ryanmcdevitt) October 22, 2019
2) Lisa Simpson, president and CEO of Academy Health, shares a JAMA article on the limitations of observational studies.
— Lisa Simpson (@DrSimpsonHSR) October 21, 2019
3) Karan Chhabra, a general surgery resident at Brigham and Women's Hospital, shares a blog in Health Affairs, about how the air ambulance industry has avoided federal regulation.
— Karan Chhabra, MD (@krchhabra) October 17, 2019
4) George Washington University's Department of Health Policy and Management shares a study on the effects changes to Medicaid funding would have on community health centers.
— GWHPM (@GWHPM950) October 17, 2019
5) Rob Lazerow, managing director at Advisory Board, shares a graphic on the trend of primary care providers embracing lower panels.
— Rob Lazerow (@roblazerow) October 18, 2019
6) Dan Diamond, health care reporter for Politico, shares CDC data on the rise of suicides among children ages 10-14.
— Dan Diamond (@ddiamond) October 17, 2019
7) Max Nisen, a Bloomberg columnist covering health care, shares his thoughts on Biogen's announcement that it would seek FDA approval for its Alzheimer's therapy aducanumab.
— Max Nisen (@MaxNisen) October 22, 2019
8) Christina Farr, health care reporter for CNBC, shares a quote from a CMO at an ACO on health tech companies.
— Christina Farr (@chrissyfarr) October 23, 2019
9) Andrey Ostrovsky, physician at Children's National, shares his thoughts on former professional basketball player Michael Jordan's unveiling of a new clinic he and his family helped fund in North Carolina.
— Andrey Ostrovsky, MD (@AndreyOstrovsky) October 22, 2019
10) Bec Richmond managing director of international research at Advisory Board, shares a photo from a system transformation workshop in Norway.
— Bec Richmond (@BecR27) October 22, 2019