Modern Healthcare on Saturday released its unranked list of "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" for 2019, which includes providers, suppliers, payers, and other health care organizations.
See our breakdown of the methodology in today's Daily Briefing
The publication will release its ranked list in late September.
This year, 46 organizations on the list are Advisory Board members, including:
- Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital (Kaplan, Louisiana)
- Bailey Medical Center (Owasso, Oklahoma)
- Black River Memorial Hospital (Black River Falls, Wisconsin)
- CareSource (Dayton, Ohio)
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Centre, New York)
- CHG Healthcare (Midvale, Utah)
- Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland, Ohio)
- Deaconess-The Women's Hospital (Newburgh, Indiana)
- Encompass Health - Home Health & Hospice (Dallas)
- Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City)
- Hendrick Health System (Abilene, Texas)
- Hillcrest Hospital Cushing (Cushing, Oklahoma)
- Hillcrest Hospital Henryetta (Henryetta, Oklahoma)
- Hillcrest Hospital Pryor (Pryor, Oklahoma)
- Imprivata (Lexington, Massachusetts)
- King's Daughters Medical Center (Brookhaven, Mississippi)
- Lee's Summit Medical Center (Lee's Summit, Missouri)
- Loma Linda University Medical Center-Surgical Hospital (San Bernardino, California)
- Lovelace Medical Center (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- Lovelace UNM Rehabilitation Hospital (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- Lovelace Women's Hospital (Albuquerque, New Mexico)
- Memorial Healthcare System (Hollywood, Florida)
- Mercy Health-Tiffin Hospital (Tiffin, Ohio)
- Mercy Health-Willard Hospital (Willard, Ohio)
- Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital (San Antonio)
- Nathan Adelson Hospice (Las Vegas)
- Oklahoma Heart Institute (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
- Parkview Huntington Hospital (Huntington, Indiana)
- Parkview LaGrange Hospital (LaGrange, Indiana)
- Parkview Noble Hospital (Kendallville, Indiana)
- Parkview Wabash Hospital (Wabash, Indiana)
- Parkview Whitley/Warsaw Hospital (Columbia City, Indiana)
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center (Mission Hills, California)
- Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center (Torrance, California)
- Rio Grande Regional Hospital (McAllen, Texas)
- Seton Medical Center Harker Heights (Harker Heights, Texas)
- Shriners Hospitals for Children-Erie (Erie, Pennsylvania)
- Southern Tennessee Regional Health System-Pulaski (Pulaski, Tennessee)
- St. Bernards Medical Center (Jonesboro, Arkansas)
- Sutter Amador Hospital (Jackson, California)
- Sutter Roseville Medical Center (Roseville, California)
- Texas Institute for Surgery at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas (Dallas)
- Texas Orthopedic Hospital (Houston)
- Tulsa Spine & Specialty Hospital (Tulsa, Oklahoma)
- University Hospital & Clinics (Lafayette, Louisiana)
- Woman's Hospital (Baton Rouge, Louisiana) ("Best Places to Work in Healthcare," Modern Healthcare, 5/11).
Want to become a "Best Place to Work"?
To determine their "Best Places to Work" list, Modern Healthcare collects information from each applicant's leadership team about the company's policies, practices, demographics, and benefits. The publication then surveys the company's staff about eight core areas.
See below for the Advisory Board's latest research on four of these eight core areas.
- Corporate culture | Briefing: 6 levers to build a differentiated organizational culture
- Leadership and planning | Tool: Leadership Competency Diagnostic
- Overall engagement | Report: The manager's guide to engaging staff
- Relationship with supervisor| Infographic: 7 must-have conversations between managers and employees
Then, download our cheat sheet for a summary on the methodology and metrics used to calculate Modern Healthcare's list.