The 28th installment of the Daily Briefing's Architectural Design Showcase features eight acute care hospitals.
- Ballinger: Tower Health’s Reading HealthPlex for Advanced Surgical and Patient Care consolidates campus-wide surgical services into one seven-level facility with 150 beds and 24 ORs. Designed by Ballinger, the HealthPlex’s patient rooms and public areas are oriented to views of nature, including an 88,000 SF roof garden covering 72% of the building’s footprint. (© 2018 Albert Vecerka/ESTO)
- ERDMAN: The 160,000 SF Family Health Pavilion at Lehigh Valley Hospital Muhlenberg strengthens the commitment to families in the community. Designed by ERDMAN, this hospital expansion offers exceptional obstetric care and mother and baby/newborn care services and provides inpatient rehabilitation services to create a more seamless continuum of care. (© 2017 ERDMAN Photography by Andy Harris)
- ESa: Designed by ESa, AdventHealth Apopka incorporates evidence-based design and Lean planning focused not only on the care of the sick, but also on the needs of a wellness community. (© 2017 Attic Fire Photography)
- Gresham Smith: Novant Health’s Mint Hill Medical Center houses 36 inpatient beds and provides residents of a growing Charlotte, NC, suburb high-quality care in their own neighborhood. Gresham Smith designed this full-service hospital to feel like a destination, homing in on the region’s southern hospitality and featuring all private patient rooms. (© 2018 Chris Cunningham Photography)
- Hord Coplan Macht: In partnership with Hord Coplan Macht, MidMichigan Medical Center in Alpena is planning a new three-story tower that will improve patient experience by providing a new main entrance, state-of-the-art surgical facility, and an all-private 60-bed inpatient tower. (© 2019 Hord Coplan Macht)
- The Neenan Company: Sakakawea Medical Center (SMC) serves the rural communities of Beulah and Hazen, North Dakota. By partnering with all regional health care providers, the Neenan Company-designed SMC is able to provide primary care, diagnostic, emergency, surgical, and acute care services to the community. SMC also promotes the long-term wellbeing of the region through wellness and prevention programs by offering services beyond the hospital and clinic walls. (© 2017 LaCasse Photography)
- TreanorHL: As part of a master planning effort for Parkview Medical Center, TreanorHL designed their new imaging department. The second floor of the hospital was renovated and expanded to consolidate imaging services in one location with plenty of space to accommodate all new, state-of-the-art equipment. (© 2019 Brad Nichol Photography)
- ZGF Architects: The ZGF-designed Saint Alphonsus Medical Center repurposed and expanded an existing emergency facility to create a hospital that meets the needs of today’s acute care patient, centralizing quality physicians, equipment, and services while reducing costs through staffing and infrastructure efficiencies. (© 2017 Peter Eckert / Eckert & Eckert)
Next in the Daily Briefing
Luke Perry died of a stroke at just 52. How is that possible?