Sutter Health's new chief population officer, Christopher Stanley, will help the health system "advance care coordination, eliminate duplication of services, and improve the patient experience," Rishi Sikka, Sutter's president of System Enterprises, said in a statement, in today's bite-sized hospital and health industry news from California, Massachusetts, and New York.
- California: Sutter Health has named Christopher Stanley as its first chief population officer. Stanley will help the health system "advance care coordination, eliminate duplication of services, and improve the patient experience," Rishi Sikka, Sutter's president of System Enterprises, said in a statement. Stanley previously served as director of health care practice at Navigant Consulting and as system VP of population health for Catholic Health Initiatives. Sutter created the position as part of a leadership shift last April (Ross Johnson, "Transformation Hub," Modern Healthcare, 1/31).
- Massachusetts: Medical students from the Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) are teaching high school students CPR through the PumpStart program. Each class is one hour, and medical students use mannequins to give the high school students hands-on practice in real-world situations, according to Anita Knopov, a medical student at BUSM. After participating in the program, 72% of high school students felt more comfortable with CPR (Mathias, Reuters, 1/31).
- New York: Zocdoc, an online medical appointment booking service, announced Tuesday that, effective April 1, it will charge New York doctors for each new patient who books an appointment through the service instead of charging them a flat, monthly fee of $300. Zocdoc said the new pricing model will attract doctors who see fewer patients (Lamantia, Modern Healthcare, 1/31).
Next: Access the Population Health Job Description Library
Download a variety of population health-related job descriptions in the medical home, integrated pharmacy, care management, and leadership arenas.
- VP of population health management
- Post-acute care manager
- RN health coach
- Manager of Population Health Analytics