- CMS releases (embargoed) 2017 results. CMS on Tuesday gave ACOs in the Medicare Shared Savings Program and the Next Generation ACO Model access to their 2017 performance results on an embargoed basis, according to a CMS email obtained by Politico Pro. According to a CMS official, the agency always lets ACOs access preliminary results before releasing the final results so that ACOs can flag any issues. CMS said it plans to release the final results in the fall, Politico Pro reports. (Subscription required to access Politico Pro.)
- CMS plans to 'retire' two major ACO tracks—and that's not the only big news in the ACO proposed rule. CMS last week released a 607-page proposed rule intended to reform the Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP)—potentially the most significant revamp of MSSP since the introduction of Track 3 in 2016. Advisory Board's Rob Lazerow and Yulan Egan provide a first take on four key policy changes included in the proposed rule.
- HHS awards $125M in quality grants to community health centers. CMS on Wednesday awarded $125 million in quality improvement grants to 1,352 community health centers across the country. According to CMS, the grants—funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration—will be used to expand care access, boost care quality and improve outcomes, bolster the cost-efficient delivery of comprehensive care, provide patient-centered care, address health disparities, and facilitate the use of health IT.
From Advisory Board:
- Unpack the 2019 MACRA proposal. Join us on Thursday, August 16, at 3:00 p.m. ET to hear our summary and the implications of the most important proposed MACRA changes for 2019, including key policies in the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) track.
- MPFS: How Medicare wants to pay providers in 2019. Join us on Wednesday, August 29, at 3:00 p.m. ET to learn about the 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule proposed rule—including major changes to Medicare's approach to telehealth, a new bundled payment model for treating opioid-use disorders, reimbursement cuts for some prescription drugs, and more.
- Your guide to the Meaningful Use (MU) overhaul. Join us on Thursday, August 30, at 1:00 p.m. ET to learn the key points of the finalized MU overhaul, how the PI Programs fit into the broader CMS quality reporting landscape, and action items for all providers impacted.