- Geisinger, Clarify Health Solutions join coalition to facilitate value-based care. Geisinger and Clarify Health Solutions on Monday announced they had joined the Health Care Transformation Task Force, a coalition of more than 40 health care organizations aimed at facilitating the shift from fee-for-service to value-based care. Other members include the American Academy of Family Physicians, Ascension, and several Blue Cross Blue Shield affiliates.
- Centene, Ascension explore launching a joint MA plan. Centene on Monday announced that it has signed a letter of intent with Ascension to launch a joint Medicare Advantage (MA) plan in several U.S. insurance markets in 2020. Centene said the MA plan would be "a preferred model" for the insurer and for providers in the Ascension health system—which is the largest nonprofit health system in the United States—that are located in markets where the plan would be available. However, Centene also noted that the letter of intent "is non-binding," and "the joint venture is subject to due diligence" and "the negotiation of definitive terms and approval by each company's board of directors, among other conditions."
- Virginia unveils new care coordination program for EDs. Virginia has launched the Emergency Department Care Coordinate (EDCC) Program to facilitate communication and care coordination among all EDs in the state via Virginia's health information exchange, ConnectVirginia. The program, which also connects to the state's prescription drug monitoring program and registry of advance health directives, enables the exchange of health data among providers, insurers, and ED care teams.
From Advisory Board:
- The 2018 MIPS cost category—decoded. Join us on Thursday, August 2, at 3:00 p.m. ET to learn the metrics included in the 2018 MIPS cost category, how providers' scores will be calculated, and strategies for improving performance.
- How to succeed under Medicaid risk. Join us on Tuesday, August 14, at 1:00 p.m. ET for a live panel discussion with population health, health plan, and Medicaid strategy experts from within Advisory Board to learn about key considerations for taking on Medicaid risk and setting up the right infrastructure to manage the population.
- Unpack the 2019 MACRA proposal. Join us on Thursday, August 16, at 3:00 p.m. ET to hear our summary and the implications of the most important proposed MACRA changes for 2019, including key policies in the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM) track.