- Providers weigh in on CMS' proposal to allow direct provider contracting. Health care providers have expressed mixed reactions to CMS' request for information (RFI) seeking "broad input" on ways to test a direct to provider contracting (DPC) model in Medicare Parts A and B, Medicare Advantage, and Medicaid. According to Health Exec, major health care provider groups expressed mixed reactions to the RFI, with some saying they are cautiously optimistic about a DPC model and others saying CMS instead should focus on other payment reforms.
- BCBSNC, Kaiser join Health Care Transformation Task Force. Kaiser Permanente and Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina have joined the Health Care Transformation Task Force, a coalition aimed at aligning the nation's public and private health care operations. The coalition—which includes more than 40 providers, payers, patient groups, and other health care organizations—has pledged to shift 75% of operations in each sector of the health care industry to value-based agreements by 2020.
- HCA, Geisinger executives join MedPAC. The Government Accountability Office on Tuesday announced five new members to the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission. The new members include Karen DeSalvo, professor at Dell Medical School at the University of Texas and a former national coordinator for health IT under former President Barack Obama; Marjorie Ginsburg, founder of the Center for Healthcare Decisions; Johnathan Jaffery, professor at the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health; Johnathan Perlin, CMO at HCA Healthcare and Jaewon Ryu, CMO at Geisinger.
From Advisory Board:
- Your guide to the proposed Meaningful Use overhaul. Join us on today, May 31 at 3:00 p.m. ET, to learn the key points of the proposed MU overhaul and how the proposed PI programs fit into the broader CMS quality reporting landscape.
- Improve access to care for the underserved—using mobile health clinics. Join us on Wednesday, June 13 at 1:00 p.m. ET, to explore six successful programs and steps to designing a model that serves patients’ needs and organizational goals.
- How to succeed under Medicaid risk. Join us on Tuesday, August 14 at 1:00 p.m. ET for a live panel discussion with population health, health plan, and Medicaid strategy experts from within Advisory Board to learn about key considerations for taking on Medicaid risk and setting up the right infrastructure to manage the population.