- CMS unveils new, streamlined QPP data submission system. CMS on Wednesday unveiled a streamlined performance data reporting system for clinicians and group practices participating in MACRA's Quality Payment Program (QPP). Under the new system, eligible clinicians or groups who have logged in via the QPP website will be connected to the taxpayer identification number associated with their national provider identifier. As users enter in their information, the system will provide real-time scoring for each performance category under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System, although the scores will not initially reflect users' selective statuses, such as an Alternative Payment Model status. Most users may submit data between Jan. 2 and March 31, while groups using the CMS Web Interface should submit their data between Jan. 22 and March 16, the agency said.
- CMS proposes easing reporting rules for ACOs affected by natural disasters. CMS in December 2017 released an interim final rule that eases financial and quality performance requirements for Medicare Shared Savings ACOs in regions affected by hurricanes, fires, or other natural disasters in 2017. ACOs are eligible for the new rule, which takes effect on Jan. 20, if at least 20% of their patient population resided in a county with a declared state of emergency in the 2017 performance year.
- See your hospital's 2018 pay-for-performance penalty or bonus. CMS has released the final fiscal year (FY) 2018 adjustments for the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (HRRP), the Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program, and the Hospital-Acquired Conditions Reduction Program (HACRP). You can see how hospitals around the nation performed in our updated pay-for-performance map, which reflects performance data from FYs 2013 to 2018, including trends for specific organizations.
From Advisory Board:
- Get the 2018 oncology Medicare reimbursement update. Join us on Tuesday, Jan. 9 to hear a complete analysis of the changes to 2018 Medicare payments for cancer services. We'll provide updates on site neutrality and 340B regulations. We'll also cover in-depth reimbursement changes for chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and imaging in both the hospital-based and freestanding settings.
- Learn how to build a high-performing clinical enterprise: Part 1. Join us on Friday, Jan. 12, to learn how to reduce the cost of clinical variation by establishing expected clinical practice and translating standards into frontline care delivery.
- Learn how to build a high-performing clinical enterprise: Part 2. Join us on Friday, Jan. 26, where we'll provide the blueprint for building an efficient physician enterprise that is highly productive and economically sustainable.