As 2017 comes to a close, the Daily Briefing team looked back at its most-read stories of the year.
Unsurprisingly, stories about the tax bill that President Trump recently signed, CMS' star ratings, and the Leapfrog rankings resonated with readers. But several other topics also garnered attention, from the health history of coconut oil to adolescent anxiety in America.
The 10 readers read the most were:
- Leapfrog grades 2,639 hospitals from 'A' to 'F.' How did yours fare?
- CMS gives 215 hospitals 'five stars' for patient experience. See how yours fared on our map.
- The highest-paid doctors, according to Medscape
- Why so many people (wrongly) think coconut oil is healthy
- A nurse was arrested for protecting an unconscious patient's rights. Here's how her hospital is responding.
- The 10 'most promising' jobs in health care, according to LinkedIn
- Two Kaiser CEOs were admitted to the system's hospitals. Here's what went well—and what didn't
- Tax bill heads to Trump's desk. Here's what it means for hospitals.
- Healthgrades names its 100 'Best Hospitals' for 2017
- Why extreme anxiety is at an all-time high among American teens
12 things CEOs need to know in 2018
Get 12 key insights on the future of delivery system reform, avenues for radical growth, and how to partner with physicians on enterprise cost control.