CMS said it added measures to the websites regarding:
- Facility onset of Methicillin resistant staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) bacteremia;
- Patient outcomes for facility-onset Clostridium difficile (C. diff) infection;
- The percentage of health care workers at the facilities who have received the influenza vaccine; and
- The percentage of patients at the facilities who receive the flu vaccine.
CMS also provided summaries of findings on the new measures. For long-term care hospitals, CMS said the:
- Average flu vaccination rate among health care personnel was 77%;
- National Standardized Infection Ratio of facility-onset MRSA was 0.909; and
- National Standardized Infection Ratio of facility-onset c. diff was 0.846.
CMS did not release data on the percentage of long-term care hospital patients who were vaccinated for the flu because of "errors in the measure calculations," the agency said.
For inpatient rehabilitee facilities, CMS said the:
- Average flu vaccination rate among health care personnel was 84%;
- Average flu vaccination rate among patients was 91%;
- National Standardized Infection Ratio of facility-onset MRSA was 1.18; and
- National Standardized Infection Ratio of facility-onset c. diff was 1.16 (Morse, Healthcare Finance News, 12/12; Castellucci, Modern Healthcare, 12/12; CMS Long-Term Care Hospital fact sheet, 12/12; CMS Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility fact sheet, 12/12).
Ready to draft your post-acute care dream team?
See how Population Health Advisor can help you design a Request for Information that includes key metrics for evaluating post-acute care partners on staffing practices, services, quality, care coordination, and strategic alignment.