- Iowa: Broadlawns Medical Center, a public hospital in Des Moines, is celebrating the opening of a four-story addition—one part of a planned $60 million improvement plan at the hospital. The new addition will house an expanded dental clinic, outpatient care for mental health services, treatment for substance misuse, a pain-treatment clinic, and a family-practice clinic (AP/Sacramento Bee, 3/24).
- Mississippi: State Rep. Steve Holland (D) on Friday drew a standing ovation from his colleagues after disclosing on the state House floor that he has dementia and vowing to try to complete his term. Holland said he learned of his diagnosis a week prior and opted to announce it to raise awareness about the condition. An undertaker by trade, Holland in his speech said he has "looked death in the face for over 40 years now" and pledged to live out his days with the "gusto of a hound dog" (Smith, AP/Sacramento Bee, 3/24).
- Ohio: Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine (R) last week announced the launch of a new pilot program aimed to help families harmed by parental opioid misuse. The START program—which stands for Sobriety, Treatment, and Reducing Trauma —will provide such families with services such as drug treatment programs for parents and intensive trauma counseling. The state is investing $3.5 million in the program, to be allocated over two years across 14 counties (Zimmerman, Becker's Hospital Review, 3/24).
Your guide to an optimized retail pharmacy strategy
Building on research presented at the Pharmacy Executive Forum’s 2016 Fall Summit, this web conference will provide guidance for how to develop or update your retail pharmacy strategy.
- Developing the retail pharmacy value proposition
- Targeting high-value patient populations for retail pharmacy growth
- Evaluating potential retail pharmacy partnership opportunities
- Leveraging retail pharmacy to improve clinical outcomes
Next in the Daily Briefing
Nurses can experience PTSD when resuscitation fails, study finds