The 14th installment of the Daily Briefing's Architectural Design Showcase features 18 facilities.
Click through the slideshow to see the projects.
- AECOM provided master planning, architectural design, and engineering services for OhioHealth Westerville Medical Campus, located on a greenfield site in Westerville, Ohio. Phase I included a 173,400 square-foot outpatient surgery center, health center, and connecting structure.
- Array Architects designed Montefiore's state-of-the-art, 12-story ambulatory surgical center with a focus on patient experience. The team incorporated artful details, an abundance of natural light, and clear wayfinding for seamless transitions for patients and staff.
- Baskervill provided architecture and MEP engineering services for Monticello Community Surgery Center, a four-building shopping center conversion project spanning two floors of former retail space and totaling 18,192 square feet. The center includes five OR/procedure rooms, a lab, and shell space for future expansion.
- Designed by architects from BSA LifeStructures to increase the facility’s efficiency, Union Hospital's ambulatory surgery center includes preparation and recovery rooms grouped in pods to increase staff visibility and decrease travel distances. In addition, user-friendly, calming designs provide a holistic environment for patients and families.
- Designed by CTA Architects Engineers, St. Luke's Ambulatory Surgery Center is a modern, two-story facility that supports five operating rooms and captures the St. Luke's aesthetic, with an open and inviting layout, ample daylight, and efficient flows.
- Designed by architects from Devenney Group, the Johnson Pavilion is a three-story, 30,000 square-foot medical office building with outpatient entry and a bridge to St. Helena Hospital. The ASC includes two orthopedic ORs, two endoscopy procedure rooms, and an eye surgery room complete with fully integrated video and lighting controls.
- FKP Architects and Davis Partnership Architects designed Children's Hospital Colorado South Campus, a site that includes ambulatory surgery to enhance patient experience. The teams created induction rooms with direct connections to operating suites for greater safety and improved throughput, allowing patients to spend less time traveling through the facility.
- Architects from Gresham, Smith and Partners designed UF Health Jacksonville, a six-story ambulatory care facility built to address the acute need for high-quality health care in northern Duval County. The facility includes a freestanding emergency department, imaging, surgery, and support services, and four floors of office space.
- Architects from Hord Coplan Macht designed the 11,284 square-foot renovation of the ambulatory surgery center at the University of Maryland's Shore Medical Pavilion. The project includes one operating room, three procedure rooms, 13 recovery bays, a waiting room, and on-site sterilization facilities.
- Architects from Page designed Baylor Surgical Hospital at Park Place, a 30-bed facility offering a collaborative care environment. Families are accommodated with convertible sleeper sofas for overnight stays, and the regional art program and entertainment screens provide ample distraction. Caregiver stations are located with patient corridors for accessibility and transparency.
- Architects from Perkins Eastman designed Westchester Medical Center: Ambulatory Care Pavilion to act as a new 'front door' for the campus and to meet the growing needs of the region. The project builds on Westchester’s well-known and respected brand, creating an image with a distinct customer experience.
- Designed by architects from The S/L/A/M Collaborative, YNHH Greenwich Hospital's conveniently located ambulatory surgery center includes four new ORs to relieve congestion in the main hospital, and to foster relationship-building with surgical practices.
- Architects from SmithGroupJJR integrated cancer care, digestive health, and ambulatory surgery in a single platform for Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center, Center for Advanced Care to improve patient-physician continuity, enhance efficiencies, and improve the overall patient experience. Six new ORs, with six additional planned, directly connect to the inpatient surgery suite.
- Architects from Odell and Stanley Beaman & Sears designed the consolidated Battle Building at UVa Health System - UVA Outpatient Surgery Center and UVA Children's Hospital Clinics to serve adult and pediatric patients. The outpatient surgery center includes 10 universal ORs, two procedure rooms, staff support spaces, and family/patient waiting areas overlooking Main Street.
- Architects from Stantec designed Kaiser Permanente Tysons Corner Medical Center with patient-centered care in mind. This new ambulatory surgery center provides around-the-clock urgent care services to the northern Virginia community and offers over 125 exam rooms, imaging, and ambulatory surgery services.
- Steffian Bradley Architects designed Baystate Orthopedic Surgery Center to include eight operating rooms, 28 pre-op/recovery bays, sterilization and processing facilities, changing rooms, and administrative offices. The project was completed one day early and under budget due to a unique IPD light delivery and strength of partnerships.
- Architects from TRO Jung|Brannen designed Newton-Wellesley Outpatient Surgery Center to provide services to patients in need of orthopedic surgery with four Class C operating rooms and associated support spaces. The waiting area takes full advantage of the building’s exterior with large windows providing daylight that spills into staff areas.
- ZGF Architects designed the LEED-Gold certified 3737 Science Center that houses Penn Medicine University City. The multidisciplinary outpatient care center boasts a two-story lobby to accommodate patient and visitor arrivals, six state-of-the-art ORs, and natural daylight and views throughout.
Next in the Daily Briefing
How CMS wants to help Medicare Advantage plans increase value-based care