For most health systems, investment in an electronic health record (EHR) is inevitable—and possibly one of the largest expenditures they will make. To achieve the clinical, financial, and operational return on investment, you need to be strategic in your selection, implementation, and utilization.
Infographic: Why the EHR life cycle is just like raising a child
How we help
No matter where you are in your journey, our services are designed to produce results that improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of health care for patients.
Our clinically-experienced IT consultants can support you through the entire EHR lifecycle, including:
- Implementation strategy and planning: We guide clients through everything that goes on behind the scenes before the “go-live,” including a full assessment of current capabilities and workflows to determine what functionalities to look for in an EHR. From there, we lead the selection process for new EHR platforms by vetting qualified vendor options, identifying the initial vendor selection pool, orchestrating product demonstrations, and assisting in the negotiation process. Learn more.
- Go-live: To increase usability of the EHR, we give clinicians the ability to learn about and personalize the technology before the go-live date, with items such as common procedures or prescriptions. Once we launch, we provide around-the-clock project management at every level and work to address any challenges that may come up during the process. Learn more.
- Optimization: Whether after the “go-live” or as a standalone engagement, we work to develop strategies that optimize the EHR’s capabilities and produce results that drive value and profitability in the health care delivery model. We often optimize EHR platforms for:
- Meaningful use attestation: Attesting meaningful use requires effort from many directions—from navigating regulatory changes to overcoming operational challenges. We take some these tasks off clients’ plates by tracking federal updates, sending actionable alerts, and validating every aspect of the attestation plan. Learn more.
- Life sciences support: To support customers and grow health system partnerships, life sciences firms are leveraging EHR strategies that align with industry trends and consumer priorities. Our experts help these firms determine high-yield, value-add strategy for implementing health IT resources into the EHR. Learn more.
And while we use these processes to guide our clients through the EHR lifecycle, we also support any IT platform using similar methodologies. Learn more.
John Kontor, MD
Executive Vice President
John is an expert in leading EHR implementation and optimization engagements, as well as population health and value-based care initiatives. His unique perspective comes from his integrated delivery network experience in multiple executive roles, including chief medical information officer, VP of medical affairs, and medical director of two employed physician networks. More
Senior Vice President
Steve leads Clinovations’ ambulatory sector, bringing more than 23 years of health administration and management consulting experience to Advisory Board. His expertise is focused in the areas of practice management, outpatient strategy and operations, and system implementation and optimization.
Dan Clark, MBA, RN, CPHIMS, FHIMSS
Senior Vice President
Dan brings more than 15 years of IT experience to the firm, focusing on clinical, operational, and analytic projects for a variety of health systems. He has served as division CIO for University Hospitals in Cleveland, OH, where he handled IT strategy and oversight. As a registered nurse, Dan has held various clinical and leadership positions in hospitals and homecare organizations. More
Brad Howard, MD
Executive Medical Director
Brad’s EHR optimization expertise is focused on physician efficiency and care improvement. As a former CMIO, he has led the implementation and optimization of multiple EHR platforms in inpatient and ambulatory sites to achieve Meaningful Use and clinical transformation.
Ready to learn more or start evaluating EHR options?
Request to speak with one of our experts about partnership. Connect with us.
Next, Check Out
IT Go-Live Consulting