About how we support the following value-based care programs and alignment models:
Over the next decade, some providers are expecting to channel more than 80% of patient revenues through risk-based contracts—mostly through shared savings.
That prediction is playing out as health systems across the country form Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs)—both through Medicare and the private sector—to better coordinate patient care, and tightly manage cost and quality.
Connect with our team
Establishing a strong foundation for ACO development
Participating in this model is an attractive choice for many provider organizations—but with the financial risks involved, it’s critical to ensure that the infrastructure is primed.
There are a number of foundational steps organizations should take to determine whether or not this is a viable strategy for them in the transition to value-based care, and to ultimately ensure that savings and bonuses are achieved. These include evaluating and engaging physician partners, improving referral pathways, deploying IT and analytic systems, and developing care management models.
As mixed results come out regarding initial Medicare Shared Savings Program (MSSP) performance, it’s clear that the road to becoming an effective ACO is a complex undertaking. Ensuring readiness long before launching a program is a critical step to avoid losing key physicians and market share—which can happen quickly and aggressively once the program is deployed.
How we help
Whether looking for assistance in submitting an MSSP application to CMS, or guidance in developing a Next Generation ACO, we provide end-to-end support across the entire process. Recognizing that each organization’s circumstances are different, we start by establishing a baseline through a customized assessment that examines market dynamics, current operations, financial opportunities, the IT and analytic foundation, and the physician community.
Readiness Assessment and Strategic Development
- Conduct baseline assessment to determine appropriate alignment platforms and quality improvement programs
- Educate and enfranchise key stakeholders, including physicians
- Estimate financial opportunities under proposed programs and payment models
- Develop a strategic roadmap for achieving desired objectives and physician alignment
ACO Application Preparation and Submission
- Provide all necessary documentation and data to CMS
- Facilitate completion of ACO application
- Manage communication to key stakeholders
ACO Program Formation
- Prioritize high-risk patient populations for care management teams
- Identify potential organizational partnerships across the full continuum of care
- Ensure high standards are met for care quality across multiple dimensions
- Demonstrate care coordination across all sites of care over time
- Design program structure and identify infrastructure needs for successful operations—including staffing, management, and IT
Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President
Dennis works with health systems, state entities, and payers to improve the quality and cost effectiveness of care. He partners with institutions to develop novel care management systems focused on improving population health, strengthening primary care, enabling regional IT connectivity, and ensuring financial sustainability. His areas of expertise include development of the patient-centered medical home, the clinical integration enterprise, and other programs designed to position systems for accountable care.
Senior Vice President
Chris specializes in strategic planning, business growth and development, physician partnering, and financial management. He brings 18 years of progressive health care and advisory experience to partnerships, including the successful planning and direction of activities that improve physician-hospital relationships, revenue, operational efficiency, and quality of care.
Meet all of our experts
Executive Roundtable Session
Learn more about designing an ACO strategy with an Executive Roundtable Session. Our experts can come on-site to discuss your current opportunities, and how to prepare for the transition from volume to value.
This session is designed specifically for the CEO, CFO, CMO, and COO.
Hear how we can help your organization
Request a session with one of our experts to hear about forming an ACO program.
Speak with our experts