Modern Healthcare on Saturday released its unranked list of the "Best Places to Work" in health care for 2020, and 35 Advisory Board members made the list.
The list is open to U.S. health care providers, insurers, and suppliers with at least 25 employees that have been in business for at least a year. Applicants must be a for-profit business, a nonprofit business, or a government entity.
Applicants submit a two-part application to be considered for the list. The first part, worth 25% of a company's total score, addresses workplace policies, practices, and demographics. The second part, worth 75% of a company's total score, is an employee survey designed to measure employee experience. This year's survey included questions on the employers' responses to the Covid-19 pandemic, but those responses were not factored into the calculations used to create the list, according to Modern Healthcare.
Modern Healthcare will release a ranked version of the list during its Workplace of the Future conference on Oct. 8.
Congratulations to the 35 Advisory Board members that made the list
This year, 35 organizations on the list are Advisory Board members:
- Abrom Kaplan Memorial Hospital (Kaplan, Louisiana);
- Advocate Aurora Health (Downers Grove, Illinois and Milwaukee);
- CareSource (Dayton, Ohio);
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island (Rockville Centre, New York);
- CHG Healthcare (Midvale, Utah);
- Cleveland Clinic (Cleveland);
- Cox Monett Hospital (Monett, Missouri);
- Davis (Minneapolis);
- Encompass Health (Birmingham, Alabama);
- Encompass Health-Home Health & Hospice (Dallas);
- HCA Houston Healthcare Gulf Coast Division (Houston);
- HCA Houston Healthcare Pearland (Pearland, Texas);
- HCA Houston Healthcare Southeast (Pasadena, Texas);
- Health Catalyst (Salt Lake City);
- Hendrick Health System (Abilene, Texas);
- King's Daughters Medical Center (Brookhaven, Mississippi);
- LocumTenens.com (Alpharetta, Georgia);
- Memorial Healthcare System (Hollywood, Florida);
- Mercy Health-Tiffin Hospital (Tiffin, Ohio);
- Mercy Health-Willard Hospital (Willard, Ohio);
- Mission Hospital (Mission Viejo, California);
- Nathan Adelson Hospice (Las Vegas);
- Nordic (Madison, Wisconsin);
- OptumCare Florida (St. Petersburg, Florida);
- Orlando Health Dr. P. Phillips Hospital (Orlando, Florida);
- Orlando Health South Seminole Hospital (Longwood, Florida);
- Providence Holy Cross Medical Center (Mission Hills, California);
- Roper St. Francis Healthcare (Charleston, South Carolina);
- Southern Tennessee Regional Health System (Brentwood, Tennessee);
- St. Jude Medical Center (Fullerton, California);
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake (Southlake, Texas);
- Texas Institute for Surgery (Dallas);
- United Physicians (Bingham Farms, Michigan);
- Woman's Hospital (Baton Rouge, Louisiana); and
- Yoakum Community Hospital (Yoakum, Texas).
Modern Healthcare notes that OptumCare Florida is part of UnitedHealth Group's OptumCare division. Daily Briefing is published by Advisory Board, which is a division of Optum. OptumCare is a separate division of Optum, and Optum is a wholly owned subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group (Modern Healthcare, "Best Places to Work," 7/11; Modern Healthcare "Best Places to Work" eligibility criteria, accessed 7/13; Modern Healthcare "Best Places to Work" FAQs, accessed 7/13).