With so many health care providers, thought leaders, journalists, and policymakers active on Twitter, it's easy to miss tweets that are informative, provocative, or entertaining. Here are 10 health care tweets that caught our eyes this week (in no particular order).
1) Annie Lowrey, staff writer for The Atlantic, shares a bill summary for fetal monitoring, blood pressure monitoring, and an emergency C-section.
— Annie Lowrey (@AnnieLowrey) November 4, 2019
2) Christina Farr, a reporter for CNBC, shares her thoughts on Google's acquisition of Fitbit.
— Christina Farr (@chrissyfarr) November 1, 2019
3) Tamar Haspel, columnist for the Washington Post, shares a picture representing the argument in nutrition science over the nutritional risks and benefits of eating meat.
— Tamar Haspel (@TamarHaspel) November 6, 2019
4) Rachel Woods, researcher for Advisory Board, shares her thoughts on the importance of expanding specialty access capacity.
— Rachel Woods (@raemwoods) October 24, 2019
5) YouTube show Healthcare Triage shares a video discussing a new randomized controlled trial on the relationship between diet and depression.
— Healthcare Triage (@HCTriage) November 3, 2019
6) Shreya Kangovi, doctor and researcher at Penn Medicine, shares a study on what constitutes an "inappropriate" ED visit.
— Shreya Kangovi, MD MS (@ShreyaKangovi) November 5, 2019
7) Larry Levitt, EVP for health policy at the Kaiser Family Foundation, shares a statistic on how many Americans have used Medicaid or know someone who has used Medicaid.
— Larry Levitt (@larry_levitt) November 6, 2019
8) Nicholas Bagley, law professor at the University of Michigan, shares a thread on price controls.
— Nicholas Bagley (@nicholas_bagley) November 6, 2019
9) Wyatt Koma of the Kaiser Family Foundation shares a graphic on out-of-pocket spending by Medicare beneficiaries.
— Wyatt Koma (@KomaWyatt) November 5, 2019
10) Satirical publication The Onion satirizes the effort by some to reduce the amount of blue light they see before bed.
— The Onion (@TheOnion) November 5, 2019