Walmart and Anthem announced plans to partner to provide patients enrolled in Anthem's Medicare Advantage plans access to some over-the-counter medications at Walmart, in today's bite-sized hospital and health industry news from Alabama, Arkansas, California, Indiana, and New York.
- Alabama: Brookwood Baptist Health has named Daniel Listi CEO of Shelby Baptist Medical Center. Listi has previously served as COO of Tenet Health's El Paso/Rio Grande Valley, as well as COO of Valley Baptist Medical Center, both in Texas (Patchen, Birmingham Business Journal, 8/20).
- Arkansas/Indiana: Walmart and Anthem have announced plans to partner beginning in January to provide patients enrolled in Anthem's Medicare Advantage plans access to some over-the-counter medications at Walmart. The Medicare Advantage plans will also cover other health-related items, including first aid supplies and support braces (LaVito, CNBC, 8/20; Japsen, Forbes, 8/20; Livingston, Modern Healthcare, 8/20).
- California/New York: Facebook and the NYU School of Medicine have teamed up to launch a research project aimed at applying artificial intelligence to MRI scans. The project, called fastMRI, aims to shorten the amount of time it takes to conduct an MRI by using AI to reduce the amount of data an MRI machine has to capture (Arndt, "Transformation Hub," Modern Healthcare, 8/20; Kim Cohen, Becker's Health IT & CIO Report, 8/20).
Join our most popular webconference series: Health Insurance 101
Back by popular demand: This webconference series includes four 30-minute online sessions which will cover the fundamental aspects of health insurance structure and delivery, updated to review the latest trends in the industry.
- Thursday, September 6: Health Plans 101
- Thursday, September 13: Commercial Insurance 101
- Wednesday, September 19: Medicare Advantage 101
- Tuesday, September 25: Medicaid 101