Accountable Care Solutions
Answers for all phases of accountable care organization development
Eight Lessons from the 2012 Medicare Shared Savings Participants
See what our experts have learned from those who have gone before you.
Listen to the recording
In-depth analysis of ACO, shared savings programs
- Evaluate the financial case. Quantify potential savings and the investments needed to manage a population and meet reporting requirements.
- Assess readiness for care and payment transformation. Evaluate primary care practices for population management and care management processes. Gauge IT and analytic needs to support accountable care and physician alignment.
Guidance and support through the contracting process
- Build support among key stakeholders for employee health plans.
- Analyze contract requirements, including quality performance thresholds and transparency requirements.
Strategic planning to outline the transition path for population management
- Build advanced, evidence-based care transformation programs, such as medical homes, care transition solutions, and chronic disease management programs.
- Wire the continuum. Rapidly implement and optimize ambulatory EMRs, and install integrated analytics across ACO points of care.
- Build the physician network. Develop a targeted recruitment plan, integrate ACO-aligned performance incentives, and install performance management technologies.
Ongoing execution support and analytical tools
- Install predictive patient attribution methodology, including algorithms and protocols for rapid identification and stratification of high-risk patients.
- Identify cost savings and quality improvement opportunities, and track financial and quality performance.
- Implement best practice strategies for transforming care. Improve access, chronic disease management, and patient activation.