The AIM Model: Accountable Care IT Capability and Maturity
Focus your IT strategies and implementations for accountable care
This is a preview of restricted content.
Full access to this content is reserved for Advisory Board members; we invite you to learn more by contacting us.
Tool in Brief
Assess your current IT capabilities for supporting an ACO relative to five core competencies and maturity levels (i.e., foundational/quality, performance risk, and utilization risk); useful for identifying areas of focus when creating strategies and priorities for improving IT functions to support new health care reform reimbursement and care delivery models.
Health care IT executives
Type of tool
Estimated completion time
2+ hours, depending on complexity of IT portfolio
- Select organization
- Enter demographic and operational data (optional)
- Analyzes and models your IT function scores across five competencies: network interconnectivity, clinical knowledge management, patient activation, financial operations, and population health management
- Produces a spider diagram to highlight areas where IT application improvements may be required
- Produces bar charts to indicate areas where IT application improvements may be required in relation to maturity levels (i.e., foundational/quality, performance risk, and utilization risk)
- Provides reports that show low scoring IT applications and the associated competency areas they impact, allowing members to better focus their IT efforts to support their ACO strategies