Future in Focus
This is a preview of restricted content.
Full access to this content is reserved for Advisory Board members; we invite you to learn more by contacting us.
About the Meeting
- This meeting series has concluded. Want to catch up or share our research with your team? Join us for a webconference series featuring highlights from the meeting. Register now.
Our CEO Special Sessions are designed to support an executive dialogue around the themes animating the C-suite agenda. With that in mind, we are limiting participation in these sessions exclusively to presidents, chief executive officers, executive vice presidents, chief financial officers, chief operating officers, chief medical officers, and chief strategy and planning officers.
Dates and Locations
State of the Union 2012
Anticipating Key Forces Disrupting the Hospital and Health System Business Model
- Future of reform—weighing alternative political scenarios
- Approaching the tipping point—how will we know when markets are really moving?
- The new health care purchaser—what will employers, payers, and patients value?
- The shifting payer landscape—defined contribution, direct purchasing, and health insurance exchanges
- Potential for radical change in Medicare payment
From Contract to Compact
Moving Physician Partnerships Beyond Financial Alignment to Create a Culture of Clinical Success
- Remaking physician culture—lessons from leading multispecialty groups
- Beyond network aggregation—redesigning physician governance for cross-continuum collaboration
- The new breed CMO—clinical leadership of the future
- Accelerating the pace of change—driving clinical transformation at scale
- Handing over the reins—what does successful shared decision-making look like?
Succeeding in the New Health Care Ecosystem
Forging a New Competitive Identity for a Value-Based Marketplace
- Beyond the baseline—how do we compete beyond standard cost and quality expectations?
- Future disruptive innovation—who will our new competitors be?
- The new market map—where will competitive advantage come from in the future?
- Redefining the continuum—how do we organize services around the patient of the future?
- From here to there—can we (should we) transition to a new business model?
- Risk or no risk—must we be an ACO to succeed?
Regional one-day meetings
In addition to our traditional two-day sessions, we will be presenting our research in smaller, interactive one-day sessions. These sessions cover the same materials and are held from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.