Learn about our recent co-hosted webinar that explored the ACE Demonstration with Mike Zucker, SVP and Chief Development Officer at Vanguard Baptist Health System.
I want to thank everyone who joined the Medicare Payment Innovation Project's inaugural webinar last week, "Lessons from Innovators: Insider's View of the Acute Care Episode Demonstration." Special thanks to our guest co-host, Mike Zucker, SVP and Chief Development Officer at Vanguard Baptist Health System in San Antonio, Texas. I thought Mike did an excellent job of providing an insider's view of the ACE Demonstration, and the attendees submitted great questions for the Q&A portion of the webinar.
For those who were unable to join the call, Mike focused his comments on addressing five key questions:
- Why did Vanguard Baptist Health System apply to join the voluntary ACE Demo?
- What were the key challenges to implementing the bundling program?
- How did Vanguard Baptist overcome the challenges to program implementation?
- What are the early financial and clinical results of the bundling program?
- What lessons did Vanguard Baptist learn about engaging with Medicare on payment innovation?
Audio recording available
If you missed the webinar or want to listen to portions again, we have posted both the slide deck and audio recording of the call on Advisory.com.
Stay tuned for upcoming Medicare Payment Innovation Project webinars and publications. With the proposed rules for Medicare's upcoming Shared Savings Program released just last week, we are currently working on a number of sessions to explore the key implications of the rule. To start, my colleague Matt Eirich will lead a webinar with our initial reactions, "The Medicare Shared Savings Program: Details and Strategic Implications." Register today reserve your spot on the call.